Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Today's Creations: 'Genie Bottle' Charm Bookmarks

Today I made up some bookmarks to sell. I used Swarovski crystals and my very own lampwork beads, to make charms that look like adorable little genie bottles which hang from a hook style bookmark.

The lampwork beads I used are some of my 'orphans'. Which are basically beads that didn't make it into a set or pair. Some are my experiments using different colours, dichroic glass and even some fine silver leaf.

They'll make a wonderful gift for the bookworm of the family.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, July 06, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Those are beautiful! One of the nicest things about that style of bookmark is that even when the book is put on the bookshelf, you can see the pretty bookmark, and you never lose your bookmark. These are the loveliest of this kind I have seen. Keep up the good work. I added you to my faves list on Etsy.

 
At 10:04 PM, July 09, 2006, Blogger Anne Dundas said...

Hi Darla!

Thank you so much for the compliment! I love how they turned out too, especially since my beads were just sitting in the 'orphan' box. They now have a new home :D

I especially love the transparent ones, the sunlight reflects colours off them, so very pretty!

Cheers!
Anne :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home