Sunday, July 09, 2006

Completed: "Sunshine For My Soul" Necklace


I'm happy to say that I have completed the necklace that I mentioned in my previous post.

It went together amazingly well I think. I used the beautiful Czech glass beads in yellow and topaz, as well as some Bali sterling silver to highlight them. The chain sections between the beads was made by myself as well, it's made up of segments of Byzantine chainmaille. I basically took many (approx 460) sterling silver rings and joined them, folding them back and forth, to form the chain.

Overall, the necklace took almost three hours to complete. It's so very easy to get lost in time while creating, as you are so focused on what you are doing that the time just flies by.

I will shortly be adding this necklace to my Etsy store, so make sure to keep an eye out for it!

Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home