New News
Well I have certainly been slack with updating the blog lately!
Hmmm, let me think, what's happened since my last post....
I have played around with my kiln a bit, seeing what it can do. I am now making cabochons out of some of my beads. I've either cracked the beads in half or melted them down whole. I really love the results I'm getting with them. The cabochons can then either be beaded around, wire wrapped or even bezel set. Of course, when I go to take photos of them, I get maybe four pictures taken before my camera battery dies lol It's always the way isn't it!
I also made my first successful hollow lampwork vessel. I made it off the end of the mandrel so that only the lip was attached. This gives it a nice smooth hollow inside. I had a hole burst in it while making it, so I patched it up with some extra glass, and popped a cracked heart over it. It's made in a gorgeous transparent dark sapphire glass which I just got. I'm loving the colour.Hmmm, what else has happened.... I've been asked by one of the glass suppliers here in Australia if I'd be interested in teaching beginner lampwork classes. I sat in on one of her classes last Saturday to see what she teaches and how, etc. It was great fun! So I will start teaching sometime in the coming months. I'm a little nervous at the moment, as I'm sure I'll get my words all mangled up when trying to explain something lol On the 9th of August, I'll do a practice run on a new employee of Cathy's, just to get everything down pat, and make sure I remember everything. I think I'll be fine with teaching the actual bead making, it'll be the other stuff, explaining things that I'll think I'll have trouble.
It was my birthday yesterday too, 31st July. Happy birthday to me! I got a rotary tool from my brother, which means I can clean my beads and cabs alot quicker, as well as using it for other stuff too. It seems I've also received the flu for my birthday too! Been feeling miserable all day today, hopefully it won't get too bad. I can't see myself torching much while I have the flu, don't want to take the risk of passing out over the flame or something equally dreadful. Oh well, I think it'll be an early night for me tonight.
Take care everyone!
Cheers,
Anne :)


1 Comments:
I love your hollow lampwork vessel. It is really gorgeous.
I know the feeling with the camera, the battery is always about to go when I settle in to take pics.
Good luck as you start teaching. You do beautiful work so I'm sure you will be successful.
Post a Comment
<< Home