Noooooo!!!!
I made this hollow vessel bead yesterday and fell instantly in love with it. Unfortunately, I broke it!! :( I was shaking the water out of it after cleaning it, and it slipped out of my hand and went crashing into the sink. The tip broke off it because I hadn't yet annealed it.
After I calmed down I thought I could probably fix it by carefully reheating and melting the broken part of the tip. But stupid me, didn't warm it enough in the flame and it cracked in half from thermal shock. So now it is completely unsavable, if that's such a word.
Oh well, such is life. I decided to have a go at making another one with the same colours, it's cooling now, so will have to post photo's later. It has less colour on it so it's not as intense, though I think it's larger in size.
I also made one in blues & greens which is cooling also.
Next time I'm cleaning them I'll have to make sure I'm more careful and have a better grip on them!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home