Teaching Practice Run
Well, Wednesday was a success! My guineapig, Emma, learnt how to create lampwork beads, some shaping, how to make stringer and dot placement, as well as a couple of other things. Because it was one on one teaching, we did get sidetracked at times lol
My first group class will be on the 15th September, so fingers crossed everything goes well. I'm stuck between excited and nervous lol
While I was at Chockadoo, I picked up a new lampwork press. A press is used to form shaped beads, eg lentils, pillows, etc. The one I picked up is a crunch, it basically presses the glass on just two sides and gives you a domed tab shape. You can also use it to shape beads into oval tubes.
I spent yesterday afternoon on the torch and came away with two sets of lentils, 5 beads each. Both use frit blends (crushed glass) from Glass Diversions. She has some stunning colour blends. I really need to experiment more with them. I'll pop a picture on here when they come out of the kiln.
I haven't made any jewellery lately, I seem to be in a creative slump with it at the moment. I have sketched a few designs that I want to try out, but need to learn silver soldering before I can work on them. I hate the feeling of wanting to create something, but not being able to settle and get something going.
I am working on a new business card design. Patty from Butterfly Bijoux, who I have designed for before, is starting a consulting business and has asked me to design her new business cards. Her new business is called Cachet Consulting. Cachet is a french word meaning "a mark or quality, as of distinction, individuality, or authenticity'.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home