Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Vessels





WOOHOO!! I'm happy to say that I have four whole frit vessels. Yes they survived!! I'm loving how they look. I'm very tempted to make one in each of the different frit blends that I have, and that's over 40 blends!

There's also so many different things I want to try as well with them. My only concern is if I make all these vessels, will they sell? They're not as simple to 'string' as beads are so wont appeal as much to beginner jewellery makers.

I will definitely be using some myself though, especially the ones that I just can't bare to part with lol

I'm really pleased with how I'm progressing with the shape of them, from a teardrop shape to more of an upturned genie bottle shape.

Would love to hear what you all think of these, so please feel free to leave a comment.

Cheers!
Anne :)

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger mezziG said...

So how do you string vessels in jewellery? I'm always up for something new.

mezz

 
At 3:24 PM, August 20, 2006, Blogger Anne Dundas said...

Hey Mezz!

Theres a great tut for wiring vessels here: http://www.beadworx.com/HowToWireWrap.html

Hope that link works lol

Cheers!
Anne :D

 
At 8:39 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Anne, The vessels are gorgeous, well done!!

Hope to get a close up look at your work soon! Where are you doing the lampwork training?

Jek is my crazy husband BTW. Computer logged me on as him.

Alida

 
At 8:55 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Anne Dundas said...

Hey Alida!

Thanks! I'm having a blast making these vessels.

I'll be teaching at www.Chockadoo.com.au She has a place at Seven Hills.

Cya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home